Thursday, February 22, 2007

From Houston

Writing to your from Houston and loved the photos of Las Vegas and Q's ballet class. Really laughed at Q's message to Dougie. Nice eh?

Amazing to be back in Houston. I needed a quiet night and am staying in a great B and B in midtown. Walked two miles under lush arched trees to MD Anderson. Yesterday, I was flown in three tiny planes by an organization called Angel Flight from Santa Fe. These pilots donate their time and planes to take people places for cancer care. Sitting in the tiny airport in Brownwood texas with pilot Dave eating peanut butter crackers as he tried to explain rural Texas conservatism and beef "production" to me was something I will always cherish. Approaching Houston from the dried agricultural texas planes in a tiny plane, seats covered in acrylic panther print, with pilot Roy was equally magical-something out of le petit prince. Did I mention I want to learn to fly? CJ and I agree, it will be something to do when we turn 60 or so.

Being back at MD Anderson is incredible. I feel spared, blessed. I feel like a parallel life exists- one where I come here every week for radiation. I still can't belive it and neither can they. The main thing is that they have connected a virus I contracted and treated in college that causes cervical cancer with this cancer. It is not proven but they are working on it. Love to all! Mol

No comments: