Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hi There Cuties

Hi dear everyone-

Over the last week, almost without exception, Quinn gives me updates on how I am talking...

" Mom, you are talking quite well today."

"Thanks Quinn" I say

"You're welcome Mom, we didn't even have to do sign language because of your broken tongue."

Most of the afternoons are spent observing various techniques for talking me into more sugar or perhaps-a video.

"Mom, I have never tried this chocolate ball before."

"Quinn, I think it tastes a lot like the last one."

Quiet moment from Quinn. A new tactic emerges.

"Mom, what if I take two and I could taste one now, and taste one later. Wouldn't that be good?"

Loving you all from Santa Fe. We had our first Memorylines artist meeting. It was incredible. Almost everyone who has asked from the communities of Santa Fe has accepted. We are doing it- bringing together recent immigrants, postal workers, gallery owners, kids, seniors, pueblo community members, grandmothers. We are going to create a new opera....but don't tell the opera it won't be like anything they have every heard or seen. It is a dream come true. David G. and I are sitting here in a cafe planning our next three projects. We are going to start rural series of projects working with communities affected by environmental degredation and thinking of doing a project in Colorado Springs bringing together gay and lesbian community members with fundamentalists and creating a piece. Such a blessing to do this. The more I do it the more I think we are really learning how to develop empathy, how to create shared experience and create dialogue and are creating some that inspires us- that moves us. How did I get so lucky? I think it was Norn's dancing and Mom's laugh that taught me how to do this.

No comments: