Monday, January 8, 2007

Why do people in san francisco say hello to the dogs

but not to the people?

As I walked Jupiter, one round bellied man whispered Hi Buddy! As a couple passed by me, the woman blurted out "Well hi sweetie". Another woman walked right up to me, looking straight into Jupiter's eyes and gleefully spouted "Hi friend" as if they were long lost....friends that is.

I think it's rather odd....do we really want to be that friendly to other people, but only have social approval to be that warm and welcoming to strange dogs.

I'm off to Seattle...where people walk with coffee in their hands all day long.

2 comments:

JenStar said...

I've noticed this too! Some folks love & relate to dogs but are not necessarily people-persons, perhaps? I usually say hi to the humans first then go flirt with the pup.

Molly Sturges said...

Cree-

I can't seem to post on this page. When I sign in I only get my blog page, the cancer one and can't get over here. Have you tried it? Maybe I need to make a new account. Then do you have to invite me?

I love this blog. Thanks much- Mol