Friday, January 5, 2007

Manual High School - from cree


A guy named Steve Dobo (now what kind of name is that?!) called me today from Denver. He runs a program that does outreach to all the kids that have dropped out since they closed Manual. He was just looking for information on what other cities are doing....didn't even know I went to Manual.

The Denver Post had a reporter and photographer follow him around. The slideshow
is really compelling (great photos) and made me a bit teary.

To balance that experience took Jupiter to the top of Bernal Heights (cooooool day with sparkling light). He cracked me up...when I would get ready to throw the ball, "ready jup?" he would just start running in the direction he was looking, not paying any attention whatsoever to the direction I was looking, and throwing. Not a lot of brains that guy!

That's a picture of him digging and digging, not with a ball or a stick....he is obsessed with the ball thrower thingamajig! But only at the beach!

1 comment:

DebMom said...

chris


TODAY IS THE DAY I LEARN TO POST.

let's get Zbo, Matt and harrison on
this.

going to dog park to meet anita Sanchez and
kit tennis from Boulder and then
I will try and get hold of you.

As they say in america "have a nice day.
Mom deb'